Friday, January 30, 2009

Super Bowl Prediction

__________________________________________

When it comes to the Super Bowl, you can pretty much bet on anything.

For example, you can get odds on the color of the gatorade that will dumped on the winning coach (I like orange at 7 to 1) or you can bet the over/under on the length of Jennifer Hudson's rendition of the National Anthem (The current line is 1 minute, 54 seconds).

And you can also bet on the set list for Sprinsteen's half-time show - or at least you could until earlier today.

Here's my prediction:

1. Radio Nowhere
2. Glory Days
3. My Lucky Day
4. Born to Run

But I'll be more specific. When he sings "Glory Days," he will substitute football lyrics for the baseball ones. To wit:

I had a friend was a big football player
back in high school
He could throw that pigskin by you
Make you look like a fool boy...

Now can I get odds on that?

_____________________________________

1 comment:

jwharding28 said...

2 for 4, and close enough on the lyric substitution. Well done.

Getting 10th Ave. was a nice surprise.

By the way, it was, once again, a very good game. Just a plain old good football game.